Daily Market Report
Technical Analysis Daily Majors & Minors
• EUR/USD, as suggested by the near-term technical indicators, has finally
broken 1.3350 to the downside, which allowed it to re-test the 2013 Q4 low at
Quick Daily update
• British bank Standard Chartered has agreed to pay $300m to New York's top
banking regulator for failing to improve money laundering controls.
• Former Microsoft chief executive Steve Ballmer announces he is stepping
down from the board with immediate effect. Which direction will the
Microsoft stock move in?
• More than 2,400 former Lehman Brothers bankers will have their pensions
paid in full following a six-year legal battle.
• Two members of the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee vote to
raise interest in August, the first time in three years that policymakers have
Daily News To Watch
Wednesday 20th August 2014 Previous Forecast Actual
9:30am GBP MPC Official Bank Rate Votes 0-0-9 0-0-9 2-0-7
13:30pm CAD Wholesale Sales m/m 0.4% 0.2%
19:00pm USD FOMC Meeting Minutes 0.3% 0.1%
By Nikhil Pankhania
Senior Market Analysis and Trader