Alibaba IPO. Big Release date of IPO due this Friday.
Technical Analysis Daily Majors & Minors
• The EUR/USD surged a few pips above the 1.2980 level, nearing early past US NFP
high of 1.2988, so far unable to extend beyond it. But how will it react and move
• GBP/USD is trading at 1.6271 having posted a daily high at 1.6307 and low at 1.6162.
But how will it trend following todays average earnings results?
Quick Daily update
• Cheaper food and fuel prices helped to push down the UK consumer price inflation
rate to 1.5% in August, official figures show.
• Chinese footwear firm Ultrasonic has announced the disappearance of its chief
executive and chief operating officer, along with most of its cash.
• Six regions of the UK now have average house prices higher than their pre-financial
crisis peak after values rose again in July, official figures show.
Daily News To Watch
Wednesday, 17th September 2014 Previous Forecast Actual
GBP Avereage Earnings Index 3m/y -0.2% 0.5%
GBP Claimant Count Change -33.6k -29.7k
USD CPI m/m 0.1% 0.1%
USD Core CPI m/m 0.1% 0.2%
USD FOMC Economic Projections
USD FOMC Press Conference
By Nikhil Pankhania
Senior Market Analyst & Trader