Japan Bank Holiday All Day
Technical Analysis Daily Majors & Minors
• EUR/USD is trading at 1.2829, up 0.01% on the day, having posted a daily high at 1.2868 and low at 1.2816. But how will it trend today?
• The greenback is once again pushing higher on Monday vs. its Canadian counterpart, lifting USD/CAD to the proximity of 1.1000 the figure. But how will the CAD results at 1:30pm effect USD/CAD today?
Quick Daily update
• Investment analysts have urged investors to be cautious after the Royal Mint launched a new website selling gold and silver coins.
• Tesco has suspended four executives, including its UK managing director, after the supermarket overstated its half-year profit guidance by £250m.
• Almost 1,700 jobs are to go at the failed mobile phone retailer Phones 4U, after the firm's administrators confirmed that 362 stores will close.
Daily News To Watch
Tuesday, 23rd September 2014 Previous Forecast Actual
8:00am EUR French Flash Manufacturing PMI 46.9 47.1
8:30am EUR German Flash Manufacturing PMI 51.4 51.3
13:30pm CAD Core Retail Sales m/m 1.5% -0.1%
By Nikhil Pankhania
Senior Market Analyst & Trader