Hyundai Pays $100M
Technical Analysis Daily Majors & Minors
• USD/CAD - The greenback is now pushing higher vs. its Canadian counterpart, lifting USD/CAD beyond 1.1350. But how will this trend today?
• GBP/USD - is trading at 1.5976, down -0.11% on the day, having posted a daily high at 1.6025 and low at 1.5927. Will we see a downtrend or uptrend?
Quick Daily update
• HSBC has set aside $378m (£237m) to cover potential costs from investigations into currency trading.
• US regulators announce that carmakers Hyundai and Kia have agreed to a record $100m settlement for overstating the fuel economy of their cars, in violation of the Clean Air Act.
• United Biscuits, maker of Jaffa Cakes and Penguin biscuits, is sold to Turkey's Yildiz by its private equity owners.
Daily News To Watch
Tuesday, 4th November 2014 Previous Forecast Actual
08:00am EUR Spanish Unemployment Change 19.7k 23.4k
09:30am GBP Construction PMI 64.2 63.5
13:30pm CAD Trade Balance -0.6B -0.7B
USD Trade Balance -40.1B -40.0B
15:30pm CAD BOC Gov Poloz Speaks
21:45pm NZD Employment Change q/q 0.4% 0.6%
NZD unemployment Rate 5.6% 5.5%