Technical Analysis Daily Majors & Minors
• EUR/USD is back around the 1.1300 neighbourhood after briefly testing the 1.1280
region. But in which direction will this pair go in?
• USD/CAD - The Canadian dollar is now rapidly depreciating vs. its fellow neighbor,
catapulting USD/CAD to fresh multi-year highs near 1.2680. How will this pair react
following the Canadian GDP results due today at 1:30pm (GMT)?
• AUD/USD - is currently trading at 0.7782 but has been to the lowest levels since
July 2009 at 0.7720 in the US session. But will we see it fall further?
Quick Daily update
• U.S. stocks enjoyed a late afternoon rally and closed higher on Thursday as an upturn
in oil prices and a rally in Apple and Boeing shares helped offset some disappointing
earnings and lingering questions over U.S. monetary policy.
• Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen on Thursday offered an upbeat assessment on the
U.S. economy in a meeting with Senate Democrats, even as she noted risks from
overseas, according to media reports.
• Global equity markets were little changed on Thursday after a late surge on Wall
Street overcame earlier declines on worries about Greece's path and a mixed earnings
season so far, while U.S. government bond yields rose on fresh signs of a strong
American labor market.
Daily News To Watch
Friday, 30th January 2015 Previous Forecast Actual
0:30am AUD PPI q/q 0.2% 0.3%
10:00am EUR CPI Flash Estimate y/y -0.2% -0.5%
13:30pm CAD GDP m/m 0.3% -0.1%
USD Advance GDP q/q 5.0% 3.0%