Technical Analysis Daily Majors & Minors
• EUR/USD – came under mild pressure and hit fresh daily lows amid reports that
Greek finance minister Varoufakis said the country will cooperate with European
Institutions, but not with the Troika. But how will this pair trade like in todays
• GBP/USD - pair continues to trade largely unchanged around 1.5070 levels after the
preliminary data in the US showed the growth rate slowed down in the fourth quarter
of 2014. But how will this pair trade like in todays session?
Quick Daily update
• U.S. stocks closed down on Friday after a volatile session as investors worried at the
end of a rough month for the market about weak U.S. growth data and whether
instability in Europe could hurt corporate earnings in the United States.
• Stock prices in the U.S. energy sector have been under pressure in 2015, and there
could be more bad news to come when several key players report their fourth-quarter
results next week.
• Greece's new finance minister snubs his main eurozone counterpart, saying Athens
will not negotiate over debts with the EU-IMF troika.
• Qatar Airways announces a surprise investment in International Airlines Group, the
owner of British Airways and Iberia.
• Eurozone deflation deepens in January, as prices fall by 0.6% compared with last
year, pushed down by lower oil prices.
Daily News To Watch
Monday, 2nd February 2015 Previous Forecast Actual
01:45am CNY HSBC Final 49.8 49.8
08:00am EUR Spanish -64.4k -32.4k
09:30am GBP Manufacturing PMI 52.5 52.9
15:00pm USD ISM Manufacturing PMI 55.5 54.9