RBA GOV Stevens Speaks
Technical Analysis Daily Majors & Minors
• EUR/USD – pair eased over 120 pips after the release of US employment figures,
showing the economy added 257K new jobs in January, whilst wages jumped 0.5%
after December drop. The main readings for December and November were revised
higher, resulting in the biggest three-month gain in 17 years. The dollar soared across
the board, and particularly against the EUR and the JPY. As for the EUR/USD the
pair runs towards the 1.1300 level, aiming to close the week pretty much where it
started it. But how will this pair trade like in todays session?
• GBP/USD - The sterling keeps giving away previous gains vs. the greenback,
relegating GBP/USD to the 1.5215/10 area. But how will this pair trade like in todays
Quick Daily update
• The United States added 257,000 jobs last month and the number created in
November and December was revised sharply higher.
• A Labour government would push for UK overseas territories to be put on an
international blacklist if they refused to co-operate with a drive against tax avoidance,
Ed Miliband says.
• The spending limit on contactless cards is to be increased to £30 from September
2015, the UK Cards Association announces
• Accountancy firm PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is accused of promoting tax
avoidance "on an industrial scale", in a report by a committee of MPs.
• In Paris and Rome, it was sugar coated; in Berlin and Frankfurt unequivocal. But the
message from European capitals to Greece's new leaders was the same at every stop
on last week's tour - stick to your commitments.
Daily News To Watch
Monday 9th February 2015 Previous Forecast Actual
0:15am AUD RBA GOV Stevens Speaks