Manufacturing Sales m/m
Technical Analysis Daily Majors & Minors
• USD/CAD – triggered a corrective pullback, it now faces further downside pressure
in the days ahead. On the downside, support lies at the 1.2500 level followed by the
1.2450 level. Further out, support resides at the 1.2400 level and then the 1.2350
level. Its daily RSI has turned lower supporting its corrective view. On the upside,
resistance is seen at the 1.2600 level followed by the 1.2650 level. But underastidng
this information which direction will this pair move in todays session?
• EUR/USD - We remain of the view that EUR/USD rallies should be sold, regardless
of conditions in Greece as strongly capped ECB monetary policy expectations should
ultimately make a case of the pair breaking lower. But what will happen to this pair in
Quick Daily update
• U.S. stocks advanced early on Thursday, with the Nasdaq at a 15-year high,
following a ceasefire agreement between Russia and Ukraine and surprising stimulus
measures by Sweden's central bank, although soft economic data tempered gains.
• The dollar dropped across the board on Thursday after weaker-than-expected U.S.
economic data, although its outlook remained upbeat as many investors continued to
price in an interest rate hike by the Federal Reserve some time this year.
• A ceasefire between Russia and Ukraine and a surprisingly aggressive stimulus from
Sweden's central bank injected life into world markets, which had been numbed by a
stalemate between Greece and its euro zone creditors.
• U.S. consumer spending barely rose in January as households cut back on purchases
of a range of goods, suggesting the economy started the first quarter on a softer note.
Daily News To Watch
Friday 13th February 2015 Previous Forecast Actual
13:30pm CAD Manufacturing Sales m/m -1.4% -0.9%
15:00pm USD Prelim UoM Consumer Sentiment 98.1 98.2